Saturday, December 8, 2007

Inner Purity

Matthew 15: 1 - 20.

In the past few days, I have been praying about the condition of my heart. This morning I read this passage of scripture and it stuck with me...

8: "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

Where is your heart? What is the desires or depths of your heart crying out to? Does the Lord find your heart a place of worship, a place where He is honored? Or is your heart focused on the passions of your own ambition? People hear the praises of the Lord on our lips, but the Lord hears our praises from our hearts.

I was talking with a friend about a picture. An image of a little girl reaching up to hold the hands of her father, and in her eyes you could see the reflection of her daddy. If your heart is focused on Jesus, so should your eyes. If people looked at your eyes,would they see your Father's Reflection? And when Jesus is examining your heart right now, would He find a pure heart that exalts Him and His desires for your life.

Take a moment and examine your heart and the focus of your eyes.

No comments: