Friday, November 16, 2007

Miss Fruit of the Spirit (Go with it...)

" We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.." 2 Corinthians 5:20

Today, while reading my devotions up at the local Dunn Bros, (sipping my aronald palmer and a chai carrot muffin - a must have combination) I was thinking about this scripture verse. I began to imaigine what it would be like if we had to have a beauty pagent for representing Christ.

If anyone has ever viewed the Miss USA pagnent, which I used to watch with my sister every year, 50 of the top beautiful eligible ladies promanade on stage and try sell their best assests to obtain the cherished title of MISS USA.

So my point for this rambling, is what if we were to be put on stage to obtain the even more cherished title of being Christ's ambassador.... having to go in front of millions of people on national television and persusade God to be his ambassador... How would you score?

The blessing for us is that Christ has already made us His beloved, cherished Ambassador - without the competition. How are you handling this most honored responsibility?

I dont know if this made any sense, but I just thought it would be a fun concept to blog about.

Back to life at dunn bros, listening to the conversations, and studying for the next exam.

until the next blog - peace

No comments: